It’s been a great month. I don’t think that I realized it was great until I typed it but there it is.
- I’ve been working out roughly five times a week for about a month now. It’s never six. It’s sometimes four. I shoot for six. Many days, I woke up at 5:00am to make it happen. Other times, I went to the gym at 9:00pm, after my daughter had been asleep for a bit. I discovered a beautiful walking path near my apartment, filled with art installations. I’ve been doing Kayla Itsines Sweat app. It kicks my ass and yes, one does indeed sweat. I didn’t know my shoulders could sweat. They do now. I’m very close to my pre-baby weight but more importantly, my pre-baby skinny jeans fit a heck of a lot of better, as do many of my other pieces. I started a countdown on my phone towards the annual shore trip with my in-laws. It’s a little over two months, in late July. I can’t avoid wearing a bathing suit. I have to get in the water with my kid. I know, I know. “You know how to get a bikini body? Put on a bikini.” That’s adorable and doesn’t remotely work for me. This momma pooch has got to go.
- I’ve gotten to work on time, with make-up fully applied. I’ve learned to wear my daughter in a carrier while I apply my make-up. I tell her what I’m doing and that I hope that if she ever decides to wear cosmetics, that it’s many, many years from now. I tell her that she is beautiful.
- I’m taking a course, Design a Simple Life, with the folks from No Sidebar. It cost ten bucks and so far it’s worth every penny. An email a day with a gentle challenge, e.g. telling yourself “I’m enough” ten times a day, audibly and a bit of reading material makes for a very soothing early morning message.
- I’m preparing for a show at Gotham Comedy Club on Tuesday, June 26. I have a feeling many folks from my office will be in attendance. It’s a great line-up and should be a lot of fun and I have a LOT of work to do. But it’s nice to be back in the flow of stand-up. March was a great month, April was dead but May/June is right nice thus far.
- I celebrated my first Mother’s Day! My sweet husband and daughter let me sleep in, gave me a glorious breakfast, cards and gifts including seriously beautiful flowers. I got a blow-out, a manicure, an eyebrow threading and had a show at the Irish Arts Center that night. It was such a great day. Thank you, Steve and Layla! I love you!